Who We Are
True North Student Assistance and Treatment Services provides comprehensive behavioral health services to school-aged students. We are a service of Capital Region ESD 113 in Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, and Thurston counties. True North is certified by the Washington State Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery (DBHR) as a provider for outpatient and intensive outpatient treatment services.
We believe every young person has a chance for a better life. We reduce barriers to success and to make it easier for students and families to access services.
True North provides:
- Prevention - Help for students and families to make healthy choices.
- Intervention - Formal response to behavioral health disorders that leads to better choices and behaviors.
- Treatment - Structured and individualized process guided by a plan to address addiction.
- Recovery Support - Ongoing help, reinforcement, and case management for youth who are attempting to maintain a recovery lifestyle.
True North helps students make the connection between risky behavior and negative outcomes. Our goal is to create a climate that allows students to:
- Discover current behaviors that may be harmful.
- Explore a variety of scenarios and options.
- Experience success in life decisions.
True North makes a difference by:
- Guiding students, families, and schools through difficult choices and decisions regarding violence, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
- Enriching our school districts by working together to create safe and drug-free environments for learning and teaching.
- Increasing knowledge and awareness of mental well-being, to build strong systems of support.
- Raising awareness of the harmful effects of substance abuse for students, families, schools, businesses, and communities.